Recipe by Will Bowden
Top Review by mdumes
These were GREAT! The garlic really made the difference. They didn't dry out, the crisped up on the outside and were tasty. We used olive oil instead of vegetable oil, and added paprika too. The recipe is a little unclear about the length of time, but it's 20 minutes each side, turning the pan every 10. The kids AND my husband loved them!
- 4 medium russet potatoes, cut into large wedges
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- reduced sodium ketchup, preferred (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a large bowl; add cold water to cover and let stand 15 min minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Spray a nonstick baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- Drain potatoes in colander.
- Spread on a double layer of paper towels.
- Cover with a second layer of paper towels.
- Press down on the towels to dry potatoes.
- Transfer potatoes to a clean large bowl.
- Sprinkle with oil, pepper, and salt; toss gently to combine. Arrange seasoned potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake potatoes for 20 minutes.
- Using a spatula, turn potatoes; sprinkle with garlic. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes, turning baking sheet after 10 minutes for even browning.
- Serve immediately with ketchup on the side. <NOTE: For a sweeter flavor, use sweet potatoes instead of the russet potatoes.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of paprika when tossing potatoes with spices.
- Bake as previously directed.>.