Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
French frys will fall for these easy oven baked fries and you will never miss the fat
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into large wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Place potates in a large bowl add cover with cold water, let stand for 15 minutes.
- Preheat over for 425 - spray a nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Drain pot in a colander; spread a double layer of paper towels cover with another layer to dry potatoes.
- Transfer potatoes to a clean large bowl. Sprinke with olive oil, pepper and seasoning salt. Toss gently ot combine. Arrange seasoned potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake approx 20 minutes
- Use a spatula to turn the potatoes over and then sprinkle with garlic or garlic powder. Bake till golden about 10-20 min more turning sheet at 10 min for even browning or to test the doneness of the potatoes.
O'kay I peeled my potatoes because I was out voted (would have prefered with peel on personally) but otherwise followed recipe, think the soaking may have contributed to them being crispier than other oven cooked chips/wedges I have tried but overall will happily give it another go. Cooked a total of 50 minutes at 200C fan forced. Thank you Ceezie.