Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in a Cooking Clips recipe folder that I've had for a looong time! No idea where it is originally from but it's another great way to make potatoes!
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil (I use Canola)
- 6 medium potatoes, pared and shredded
- 1 large onion, grated
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pour 3 T. oil into an 8 inch square pan and heat in preheated oven while preparing potatoes.
- Drain potatoes and onions thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels, if necessary.
- Mix potatoes and onion with egg yolks, flour, salt and pepper.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but still moist peaks form; gently fold into potato mixture.
- Remove pan from oven and spoon in potatoes; smooth top and drizzle with remaining tablespoon of oil on top.
- Bake in oven for 45 to 60 minutes or until tender and crusty.
- Serve hot.