Recipe by Alison J.
From License to Grill, with Rob Rainford. Cook time includes time to pre-bake potatoes.
- 6 large russet potatoes, baked for 1 hour at 400F and cooled
- 1 cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups provolone cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cooled baked potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop flesh from potatoes, leaving 1/4 inch in each.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with green onions, bacon, and cheese.
- Preheat barbecue to 220F (medium-high). Place potatoes on well-oiled grill.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes with lid closed, or until cheese has melted and bottoms of potato skins are crispy.