Recipe by Teresa Johnson
This recipe is from Creme de Colorado cookbook and it is fantastic. Just as good on day 2 and 3.... Use whatever cheeses you have on hand, but the Swiss and pepper jack combo is excellent.
Top Review by ltcmom
I've made this many times, I like to add cubed ham when I add the cheeses. 1-1 1/2 cups. I just buy one of those ham steaks at the grocery. My family loves it and it reheats really well for left overs.
- 1 (24 ounce) package frozen hash browns
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup shredded jalapeno pepper cheese
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Press thawed hash browns between paper towels to remove moisture.
- Fit hash browns into greased 10-inch pie plate, forming a solid crust.
- Brush crust with melted butter, making certain to brush top edges.
- Bake at 425F degrees 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle cheeses evenly over bottom of crust.
- Beat half and half with eggs and seasoned salt.
- Pour over cheeses.
- Bake uncovered at 350F degrees 30-40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.