Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 (24 ounce) package frozen hash browns
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup shredded jalapeno pepper cheese
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Press thawed hash browns between paper towels to remove moisture.
- Fit hash browns into greased 10-inch pie plate, forming a solid crust.
- Brush crust with melted butter, making certain to brush top edges.
- Bake at 425F degrees 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle cheeses evenly over bottom of crust.
- Beat half and half with eggs and seasoned salt.
- Pour over cheeses.
- Bake uncovered at 350F degrees 30-40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
I've made this many times, I like to add cubed ham when I add the cheeses. 1-1 1/2 cups. I just buy one of those ham steaks at the grocery. My family loves it and it reheats really well for left overs.
I just tried this recipe and now its one of my all time favorites. I made it just how the recipe is written with the exception on using a flavored creamer instead of half and half. It turned out fantastic. Thank you for the great recipe.
I tried this recipe in September and have now got it to perfection! The main thing for this dish is to set the hash browns out on 8-10 papertowels for a few hours to get most of the moisture out. Press more on top. I used 1 cup of half-n-half, 4 eggs and 1 tsp. seasoning salt for a 11 inch quiche dish. I also added some red pepper flakes, garlic powder and green chilis. I baked the hash browns for 45 minutes (make sure you brush the top edges with butter) to make the quiche crispier. Thanks for a great recipe Teresa!