Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I saw these on the food network, and didn't catch the exact recipe so I duplicated what I saw in the kitchen. Crispy, puffy, and yummy.
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed potatoes (leftover)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili pepper, for spice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix potatoes, garlic, parsley and egg in a bowl until well combined.
- Combine cornmeal and chili pepper on a plate or waxed paper.
- Form bite size, uniform balls of potato mix and roll in cornmeal mix to evenly coat.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 15-20 mins until hot and crispy.
- Serve with dipping sauce of your choice, or by themselves, or with supper!
DH & kiddies loved these. I left out the chili peppers, but otherwise followed the recipe. Thanks for posting!
Sorry for posting a bad review, but my husband and I each had a bite of one and tossed the rest out. Followed the recipe exactly as stated; unfortunately, we didn't like them at all.
Made for PAC, Spring 2007 ~ Made these for dinner the first time, & now I DEFINITELY want to make them another time for a finger food buffet! I didn't include the chili pepper this time around, but MIGHT do so in the future! Thanks for this great recipe!