Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: This is an crowd-pleasing side dish or appetizer that can made the day before your dinner party (with the patties fried just before serving.)The goat cheese crumbles add a nice tartness to the potatoes and the roasted red pepper salsa provides a refreshing contrast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 2/3 cup goat cheese, crumbles
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups plain panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 red peppers
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup black olives (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1To make the patties, combine the Simply Potatoes, goat cheese crumbles, cumin and black pepper in a large bowl. Take a heaping tablespoon of the potatoes and shape into a 1 inch patty. Place the patties on a cookie sheet and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- 2To make the salsa, roast 2 red peppers over gas flame or under a broiler. Place roasted red peppers in a plastic bag until cool enough to handle. Peel off blackened skin, chop up peppers and place them in a medium bowl. Combine peppers with cilantro, green onions, black olives and lime juice. Refrigerate salsa at least 1 hour or overnight.
- 3Just before serving, fry the potato patties. Combine the egg and milk in small bowl and place the panko bread crumbs in a medium bowl. Heat the vegetable oil in a 10 inch frying pan on medium high for 4-5 minutes. Dip the potato patties in the egg mixture first and then coat both sides in the panko. Fry the patties in 2 batches in the hot oil 4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Drain fried patties on a paper towel.
- 4Top each potato patty with a tablespoon of red pepper salsa and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Potato Patties With Roasted Red Pepper Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.6
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 32.4 mg
- Sodium 171.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes