1/2 Photos of Crispy Potato Pancakes
Sandy in Houston's Note:
I thank Emeril Lagasse for this recipe. I like to add a bit of onion and leave my potatoes unpeeled. Great side dish instead of french fries. If you make them as written or with your own touches, they're delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the potatoes and put in cold water. Using a mandoline, grater or food processor, coarsely grate the potato. Place in a fine-mesh sieve or strainer, and squeeze out all of the potato liquid over a bowl. After the starch has settled to the bottom of the bowl, carefully pour off the clear liquid, reserving the starch. Add the grated potato to the starch in the bowl, along with the reserved crumbled bacon, egg, salt and pepper.
- 2Heat a nonstick pan with a small amount of oil in the bottom of the pan.
- 3When the oil is hot, take about one-eighth of the potato mixture in the palm of your hand and, using the other hand, flatten and squeeze to remove any excess liquid.
- 4Place the potato mixture in the heated pan and cook, pressing down with a spatula to flatten, until crispy and golden, about 3 minutes on each side.
- 5Transfer to a paper-lined baking sheet and keep warm in the oven while you cook the remaining potato cakes.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Potato Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.8
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 144.3 mg
- Sodium 1099.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 13.2 g