Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I saw this the other day. It really looks yummy. Tater tots just aren't the same. Show: Guys Big Bite Episode: Tater Tot Halibut
- 2 lbs halibut, cut into 4 equal pieces (whole fillet)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 cups tater tots, shredded potatoes, nuggets defrosted (recommended ( Tater Tots)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Cut halibut in 4 equal pieces. In a mixing bowl, combine ginger, light soy sauce, white wine, and pepper in mixing bowl. Add fish to bowl and let marinate for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Defrost potato nuggets; add panko, hoisin, oyster sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and sesame oil. Mix together thoroughly and divide into 4 equal amounts.
- Heat a medium nonstick saute pan to low and add 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Remove fish from marinade, shake off excess marinade, and dredge in flour on both sides.
- Apply 1/4 of potato mixture to fish; press the mixture onto the top of the fish.
- Add fish potato-side-down to saute pan; cook 2 portions at a time. Cook until potato mixture is lightly browned and crispy. Gently turn the fish over; cook the other side for 2 minutes. When finished, remove, place on a baking sheet and hold in the oven until the next two fillets are cooked. Repeat the process for the next two fillets.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.