This is from the Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest,2004
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (I use salt free seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 8 potatoes (not whole potatoes use 8 hash brown potatoes patties, frozen)
- 1 cup lloyd's refrigerated original barbecue sauce, with chicken (I use my own meat in barbecue sauce) or 1 cup pork (I use my own meat in barbecue sauce)
- 4 slices swiss cheese (use any kind of cheese you like)
- 1Heat oven to 425 degrees, line large cookie sheet with parchment paper; spray paper with cooking spray. In shallow pie pan, mix bread crumbs and seasoning; set aside. In another shallow pan, beat egg and water with wire whisk until well blended; set aside.
- 2On each of the frozen hash-brown patties, place 1/4 cup barbecue meat, top each with 1 slice of cheese, fold to fit, cover with remaining potato patty.
- 3Carefully dip both sides of each stack into egg mixture; coat each with bread crumbs mixture, place on sprayed paper lined cookie sheet.
- 4Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven, carefully turn stacks over, and bake for 11 to 16 minutes or until centers are thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Potato Barbecue Stacks
Serving Size: 1 (533 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.6
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 687.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 19.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: