Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from the Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest,2004
Make and share this Crispy Potato Barbecue Stacks recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (I use salt free seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 8 potatoes (not whole potatoes use 8 hash brown potatoes patties, frozen)
- 1 cup lloyd's refrigerated original barbecue sauce, with chicken (I use my own meat in barbecue sauce) or 1 cup pork (I use my own meat in barbecue sauce)
- 4 slices swiss cheese (use any kind of cheese you like)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees, line large cookie sheet with parchment paper; spray paper with cooking spray. In shallow pie pan, mix bread crumbs and seasoning; set aside. In another shallow pan, beat egg and water with wire whisk until well blended; set aside.
- On each of the frozen hash-brown patties, place 1/4 cup barbecue meat, top each with 1 slice of cheese, fold to fit, cover with remaining potato patty.
- Carefully dip both sides of each stack into egg mixture; coat each with bread crumbs mixture, place on sprayed paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven, carefully turn stacks over, and bake for 11 to 16 minutes or until centers are thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.