Recipe by bakerchick99
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Garlic and Herb hash Browns make a crispy “pastry” for these loaded mashed potato napoleons.
- 6 slices apple-smoked bacon
- 2 cups simply potatoes garlic and herb hash browns
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded parmigiano-reggiano cheese or 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 24 ounces Simply Potatoes Sour Cream and Chive Mashed Potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup drained chopped marinated artichoke hearts
Directions See How It's Made
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towels to drain, reserving drippings. Rinse out skillet.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl toss Simply Potatoes Garlic and Herb Hash Browns with parmigiano reggiano until well blended. Heat 1 tablespoon reserved drippings in same nonstick skillet over medium heat. In batches, mound 1/4 cupfuls of potato mixture in skillet; spread each to a 4-inch circle. Cook 3 minutes or until browned and crisp, turning once. Remove to paper towel-lined plate; keep warm. Repeat with remaining potato mixture and drippings as needed.
- Meanwhile, heat Simply Potatoes Mashed Potatoes as directed on package; stir in artichoke hearts. Place 4 potato patties on each of 4 warmed dinner plates. Mound 2/3 of the mashed potato mixture on potato patties; sprinkle with all but 2 tablespoons of bacon and top each with a second potato patty. Mound remaining mashed potatoes in center of each napoleon; sprinkle with reserved 2 tablespoons bacon.