Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
Chicken tenders can also be use instead of pork. And use a plum sauce instead of the mayonnaise.
- 16 melba toast (2Bleu used seasoned breadcrumbs)
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- 118.29 ml light mayonnaise
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 453.59 g boneless pork loin chop, grease removed, cut in stripes of 1/2 inch thick
- 29.58 ml salsa
- In food processor, add the melba toasts and reduce in a breadcrumbs.
- Add butter by pulsing on and off -- until moist.
- Put the breadcrumbs in a ziplock sealable bag. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoon mayonnaise, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Add pork tenders and mix to coat well.
- Put 1/4 of pork tenders in the bag of breadcrumbs, close it and shake to coat well. Put tenders side by side on a greased baking sheet.
- Proceed the same with the remaining pork tenders.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 425 F 20 to 22 minutes or until not pink inside. (flip the tenders at mid-cooking).
- In another small bowl, mix salsa and remaining of mayonnaise. Serve with pork tenders.
We really enjoyed these. Made as posted. I do think next time I would increase the cayenne pepper for more heat. I made mine using the chicken and did dip in the plum sauce. Although next time I'm dipping in a honey and mustard sauce. :) Thanks for posting.
This recipe made it into our Book #231450. 4/7/08 - These are very simple to make, and the mayo gives it wonderful flavor. The kids really loved the sauce. I used seasoned bread crumbs in place of the melba toast. Thanks for a keeper. UPDATE: We've made these several times since our original review on 01/05/08 and they have become a staple in our home. (still made with seasoned bread crumbs, and sometimes adding a dash of garlic powder). These are so delicious their addicting!
This was very good. I also used chicken and bread crumbs. I forgot to get Melba Toast and refused to fight the crowd at the grocery store to go back and get them. I was a little surprised that these were not as crispy as I had expected. Probably because I didn't use the Melba Toast as stated. When I turned them some of the breading came off. But we really enjoyed this quick and easy recipe. Served this with Ranch Dressing (DH) and a little honey (me) thanks Boomette. Made for I Recommend Tag Game