Recipe by SEvans
Got this idea from the Food Network - tweaked it a bit and came up with this.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Great recipe! Used Crispex cereal for the breading. Breaded chops and put in fridge until time to cook dinner. One of the few breadings that didn't fall off in the pan when I turned them. Used breadcrumbs from several types of homemade bread and probably some chip crumbs as well. The wet ingredients were spot on. Used the Italian seasoning. Will fix this again, and not change a thing. "If it ain't broke, don't mess with it." Thnx so much for posting SEvans. Made for My-3-Chefs 2008.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 cups crushed breakfast cereal
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 -4 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano (or Italian seasoning)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- This recipe is pictured with fauxtaters. The recipe can also be found in my public recipes.
- In a bowl large enough to maneuver the pork chops - combine the egg, mustard, Tabasco, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Whisk until nice and frothy.
- In a separate bowl have ready the crushed breakfast cereal. Set aside until ready to cook.
- In a frying pan heat approximately 1/2 inch deep oil.
- Put your chops between a couple of sheets of plastic wrap and beat them until they are half as thick.
- Dredge the chops in the egg mixture then coat them with cereal.
- Gently lay in the hot oil and cook for 4- 5 minutes on each side.
- Let rest on paper towel to absorb excess oil for approximately 3 minutes.
- Slice and serve for presentation or serve whole.