Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from Better Homes & Gardens. Good low calorie buritto. I used kidney beans and fresh chopped green chiles instead of the refried beans. They were not available here.
- 17 ounces cooked pork (roast)
- 16 ounces salsa
- 16 ounces refried beans with green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 ounces burrito seasoning mix
- 100 inches flour tortillas
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cut pork into bit-size pieces (this should make about 2 cups of pork pieces).
- In a large skillet combine pork pieces, the salsa, beans and burrito seasoning. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
- Meanwhile, wrap tortillas tightly in foil and heat in preheated oven for 10 minutes to soften.
- To assemble:.
- Place 1/2 cup of the meat mixture onto each tortilla, just below the center. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold bottom edge of each tortilla up and over filling. Fold opposite sides in and over filling. Roll up from the bottom. Secure rolled tortillas with wooden toothpicks, if necessary. Place burritos on a baking sheet, seam side down.
- Bake in a 350°F oven about 20 minutes or until heated through. Remove and discard toothpicks.
- If desired serve with sour cream and additional salsa.