Recipe by Anu
I discovered pita bread at a new store here, and totally fell in love with it! After trying a few recipes on Zaar and posting a request on the message boards, I decided to make an attempt at originality, and came up with this for lunch today. Even if I do say so myself, it's reallllly yum :-) Try it, you won't be disappointed!
Top Review by Is This Really Necessary
Surprisingly good and easy and quick to make. It is very important that the tomatoes are allowed to soak thoroughly, or you wil have difficulties swallowing... ;-)
- 1 pita bread, sliced horizontally into two halves
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 4 black olives, pitted
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Celcius (480 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Spread one tablespoon of hummus evenly over each of the pita halves.
- Sprinkle generously with oregano and paprika.
- Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain; slice into strips.
- Meanwhile, slice each black olive into four slices.
- Arrange the olive slices and sun-dried tomato strips over the two pita halves; sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake the pitas on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned; ensure that they do not burn!
- Serve immediately.