This is another recipe from the cookbook Pass It On. My daughters enjoy getting into the act making these by rolling them in the confectioners' sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until creamy.
- Gradually add in the confectioners' sugar; mix well.
- Combine the flour and salt in a smaller bowl; add to the butter mixture and beat on low speed until combined.
- Add in the pecans, vanilla and ice water.
- Shape the dough in 4" sticks and place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until browned.
- Roll in confectioners' sugar and store in airtight containers for up to 2 weeks.
- These also may be frozen for up to 2 months.