Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I'll give Anna Olsen credit for originating this recipe, but I had to cut down on the butter and add a couple more spices for my own taste. My family just loves this one, I've made this twice now, but haven't had a chance to try it on others.
- 3 bartlett pears (halved and cored)
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 5 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place pear halves skin down on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Pulse flour, brown sugar, sugar, spices and salt in food processor to combine, then pulse in butter until crumbly, then the oats.
- Pack mixture on top of pear halves (thick) & bake for 25 minute.
- Drizzle with maple syrup & serve warm.