Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
The original recipe came from Christine Cushing Live, but I have made some modifications to the recipe. Very easy to prepare and so good when cooked.
- 24 large shrimp, shelled and deveined (prawns)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped salted peanuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs, bread crumbs
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 cups vegetable oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare shrimp (prawns), remove shell, and deveine.
- Rinse shrimp (prawns) under cold water, pat dry on paper towelling and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together flour, seasoning salt and black pepper.
- In another shallow bowl, combine crushed peanuts and Panko bread crumbs.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and add coconut milk; mix to blend.
- Dredge shrimp (prawns) in flour until well coated.
- Dip coated shrimp in the egg/coconut mixture.
- Finally, roll shrimp in Panko/peanut mixture until well coated.
- In a deep frying pan, add vegetable oil and heat on medium high.
- Add shrimp in batches of about 8 to 12 and fry for about 1 minute, turn shrimp over and continue to fry for 1 more minute or until just nicely browned.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- Cooking time may vary depending on the size of the shrimp or prawns.
- Remove onto paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve immediately with your favorite Dipping Sauce.
- A nice sauce is a Thai Ginger Dipping Sauce.
- NOTE: Purchase some Salted peanuts in a shell and crack them open as required.