1/1 Photo of Crispy Peanut Butterscotch Layer Squares (No Bake)
These are so good...a crispy rice cereal bottom crust with a butterscotch/peanut butter fudge-like texture topping... sprinkled with chopped peanuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups toasted rice cereal
- 1For crust:.
- 2Grease a 13 x 9-inch OR a 11 x 7-inch baking pan and a rubber spatula with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Melt the butter over low heat in a medium heavy duty saucepan.
- 4Add in the marshmallows and peanut butter; stir until melted.
- 5Add in the rice cereal; stir until coated.
- 6Press into bottom of a prepared baking pan, using a greased rubber spatula (or greased fingers if desired); set aside.
- 7For butterscotch layer:.
- 8In a medium heavy-duty saucepan, combine sugar, evaporated milk, 2 Tbsp margarine (if using) and salt; bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, boil and stir constantly for 4-5 minutes.
- 9Remove from heat.
- 10Stir in the marshmallows, butterscotch chips, peanut butter and vanilla; stir vigorously for 1 minute until the marshmallows and the baking chips are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- 11Pour over the rice cereal crust in the baking pan.
- 12Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- 13Refrigerate until set.
- 14Cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Peanut Butterscotch Layer Squares (No Bake)
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.0
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 19.0 mg
- Sodium 148.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g