Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This makes a *ton* of cookies so no need to double the recipe, make sure you mix this in a large bowl or with your stand mixer there is a lot of batter, these are *not* a sweet cookie, you may increase the brown sugar if desired for a sweeter taste... mini chocolate chips may be replaced for the peanuts --- plan ahead the dough needs to chill for a few hours, prep time includes chilling time :)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed (for a sweeter taste use 1/3-1/2 cup more sugar)
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1⁄4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 cup chopped peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven 350°.
- Prepare a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter, shortening, peanut butter and vanilla until well blended.
- Add in egg whites and beat until fluffy (about 5 minutes,).
- In a small bowl mix together flour with baking powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl mix together rice cereal with oats and chopped peanuts.
- Add/mix in the flour mixture into the creamed mixture until well combined.
- Mix in the rice cereal mixture.
- Place in refrigerator until well chilled (about 3 hours or up to 24 hours).
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Drop by by rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet about 2" apart.
- Flatten with a fork forming a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for about 7-8 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack (these will crisp up more upon standing).