Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
When being prepared these smell and taste like peanut butter fudge. When I made these I added 1 scoop of protein powder to bump the protein factor. I left out the raisins, peanuts, seeds and salt at the request of my family. I did use margarine in place of butter. I think prepared as directed these would be good for a hiker. This came off a package of marshmallows from Walmart.
- 1419.54 ml crisp rice cereal
- 236.59 ml raisins
- 236.59 ml unsalted peanuts
- 236.59 ml unsalted sunflower seeds
- 177.44 ml smooth peanut butter
- 118.29 ml butter, at room temperature
- 283.49 g marshmallows
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- In large bowl stir together cereal, raisins, peanuts and sunflower seeds until combined; set aside. In heavy 5-quart pot, combine peanut butter and butter.
- Place over low to medium-low heat and stir until melted and well blended. Add marshmallows and salt; stir until melted and well blended. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Immediately add cereal mixture and quickly stir until cereal is well coated.
- Using lightly buttered spatula, quickly spread mixture evenly and firmly in greased 13x9"-inch baking pan. Let stand in pan on rack until completey cool. Cut into 2x2"-inch squares.
- Make ahead: Cover pan with foil and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.