Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
I made these for my kids' school Halloween party. A HUGE hit with everyone there.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups chunky peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- Add the first 3 ingredients to a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until well blended and mixture begins to bubble.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the Rice Krispies and chocolate morsels.
- Add to hot peanut butter mixture; stir until combined.
- Spread mixture into a plastic-wrap lined 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Let cool completely; cut into squares.
My whole family loved these! A nice change from plain rice krispie treats. Very easy to make, and they are easily cut into nice, neat bars. Thanks!
I make something very similar to this. I get so many requests to make them. Heres my recipe:
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup sugar
3tbls butter or margarine
1 28oz jar of extra crunch peanut butter
6 cups rice krispies(generic are fine)
1 20z bag od milk chocolate chips
Combine corn syrup and sugar a 4-6 quart pan till sugars dissolved. Remove from heat and add butter and peanut butter till creamy. Stir in rice krispies then spread in a 13x19 pan. Microwave choc chips a little at a time stirring in between till creamy and spread evenly on choc. Its going to look like you dont have enough, but it is. I put in the fridge to help the choc set and then take them out and cut them into squares. Absolutely delicous!!
I make these all the time. If you love peanut butter and chocolate, this is the treat for you. The pan will soon be empty.