Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
An easy layered bar with peanuts, mashmallows and Rice Krispies.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 (10 ounce) package peanut butter chips
- 2 cups cocktail peanuts
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan.
- Mix together cake mix, peanut butter and butter until crumbly. Press into the bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Top with marshmallows and return to oven until marshmallows are melted and light brown. Remove from oven and set side to cool.
- For topping, in a heavy saucepan, melt butter. Add corn syrup and PB chips and over low heat, stir until mixture comes to a slow boil.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in peanuts and cereal.
- Dollop on top of marshmallow layer, spreading to cover. (a spoon or spatula sprayed with PAM makes this a little easier).
- Cool and cut into bars.
The cake mix came out dry and floury, perhaps you meant that one should follow the package directions? In any case I modified the crust and used marshmallow creme. I would describe this as a rice crispy treat with a cakey base.