Recipe by SusieQusie
An easy layered bar with peanuts, mashmallows and Rice Krispies.
Top Review by scancan
The cake mix came out dry and floury, perhaps you meant that one should follow the package directions? In any case I modified the crust and used marshmallow creme. I would describe this as a rice crispy treat with a cakey base.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 (10 ounce) package peanut butter chips
- 2 cups cocktail peanuts
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan.
- Mix together cake mix, peanut butter and butter until crumbly. Press into the bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Top with marshmallows and return to oven until marshmallows are melted and light brown. Remove from oven and set side to cool.
- For topping, in a heavy saucepan, melt butter. Add corn syrup and PB chips and over low heat, stir until mixture comes to a slow boil.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in peanuts and cereal.
- Dollop on top of marshmallow layer, spreading to cover. (a spoon or spatula sprayed with PAM makes this a little easier).
- Cool and cut into bars.