1/2 Photos of Crispy Pata (Deep-Fried Leg of Pork)
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Kikai's Kitchen's Note:
An ultimate comfort food when cholesterol doesn't matter... :) Crispy on the outside and scrumptious succulent meat on the inside... Great for gatherings...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -5 lbs pork legs (front or hind including the knuckles)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Sprite (or 7-UP)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon msg (optional)
- oil, for deep-frying
- 2 -3 cups water (or enough to cover the pata for boiling)
- 1Clean pata and slit skin (3-4 slits on both sides) without cutting bone.
- 2Place in a deep pan with a tight cover.
- 3Add water, 7 Up and salt. Bring to a boil after 15 minutes, add baking soda. Baking soda will hasten the softening of the pata’s skin. Continue cooking for another hour or until tender. If water dries up and pata is not yet done, add another cup of water. Drain when done.
- 4Hang for 1 day or place in refrigerator overnight to make skin dry. Before frying, brush with patis (fish sauce) and sprinkle with flour generously.
- 5Deep fry until crispy and golden brown. Put off heat and pour 1/4 cup water. This will make the skin more crispy.
- 7*Prep and cooking time doesnt include drying the leg all day or overnight.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Pata (Deep-Fried Leg of Pork)
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 739.4
- Calories from Fat 464
- Total Fat 51.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 199.0 mg
- Sodium 3032.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 50.2 g