Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A real tasty way to use up zucchini or yellow squash. Even the large ones will work. When finished the coins will be a delicious crisp brown on the outside and soft and tasty on the inside.
- 1 lb zucchini or 1 lb yellow squash, cut into 1/4 inch thick round slices
- 1 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 1 cup instant potato flakes
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 large eggs, beaten well
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, finely ground
- oil, sufficient for pan frying (you need about 1/4 inch in your pan)
- Mix 1/2 cup of the flour with the potato flakes and parmesan cheese.
- Beat the eggs well, to the point where they start to hold air.
- Place the remaining flour, garlic salt and pepper in a 1 gallon zip bag. Add zucchini. Shake bag until well coated.
- Dredge zucchini slices in eggs until coated.
- Coat slices with potato, cheese and flour mixture.
- Place slices carefully into hot oil. Pan fry on each side until golden brown, about 2 min a side. Remove and place on paper towels to drain.