A real tasty way to use up zucchini or yellow squash. Even the large ones will work. When finished the coins will be a delicious crisp brown on the outside and soft and tasty on the inside.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb zucchini or 1 lb yellow squash, cut into 1/4 inch thick round slices
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 1 cup instant potato flakes
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 large eggs, beaten well
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, finely ground
- oil, sufficient for pan frying (you need about 1/4 inch in your pan)
- 1Mix 1/2 cup of the flour with the potato flakes and parmesan cheese.
- 2Beat the eggs well, to the point where they start to hold air.
- 3Place the remaining flour, garlic salt and pepper in a 1 gallon zip bag. Add zucchini. Shake bag until well coated.
- 4Dredge zucchini slices in eggs until coated.
- 5Coat slices with potato, cheese and flour mixture.
- 6Place slices carefully into hot oil. Pan fry on each side until golden brown, about 2 min a side. Remove and place on paper towels to drain.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Parmesan Zucchini Coins
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.7
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 328.2 mg
- Sodium 321.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 21.5 g