Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found this "yummy" sounding recipe in WOMAN'S WORLD.
- 8 slices firm white bread, about 8 ounces
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 lbs chicken wings, tips removed
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ranch salad dressing (for dipping) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In food processor process bread until crumbs form.
- Transfer to bowl;stir in cheese,oregano and salt.
- Carefully cut wings into 2 pieces at joint.
- In bowl lightly beat eggs.
- In separate bowl combine flour and garlic powder.
- Coat each chicken piece in flour mixture; dip into egg.
- Coat with breadcrumb mixture; place on baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes; increase oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Turn wings; bake until crisp, 25 minutes.
- Serve with salad dressing, if desired.
Rather bland tasting. Seemed to be lacking some spice. Will try again but may try sprinkling garlic salt on the wings before dredging in the flour.