Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The trick to this being successful is the more Parmesan cheese you use and the thinner you slice your potatoes the crispier they will be! I like to make this using my huge crop of garden fresh green onions. I have even sprinkled grated cheddar cheese on top at the end of baking and put it under the broiler for a couple minutes YUM!
- 6 large russet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 14 green onions, chopped (can use more!)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (can use more)
- 3 teaspoons seasoning salt (or use white salt to taste, or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper (or to taste)
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese (can use more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400°F (set rack to bottom position).
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Generously spray a 15 x 10-inch baking sheet with cooking spray, then drizzle a small amount of butter over the cooking spray (I use the non-stick heavy-duty foil for this).
- Layer the thinly sliced potatoes in the bottom of the baking sheet overlapping slightly.
- Sprinkle with lots salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the potatoes, then evenly sprinkle with green onion.
- Sprinkle generously with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 20-25 minutes, or until the potatoes are just fork tender (watch closely the thinner your slices are the faster they will cook!).
- Lift off using a spatula.