Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
The trick to this being successful is the more Parmesan cheese you use and the thinner you slice your potatoes the crispier they will be! I like to make this using my huge crop of garden fresh green onions. I have even sprinkled grated cheddar cheese on top at the end of baking and put it under the broiler for a couple minutes YUM!
- 6 large russet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 14 green onions, chopped (can use more!)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (can use more)
- 3 teaspoons seasoning salt (or use white salt to taste, or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper (or to taste)
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese (can use more)
- Set oven to 400°F (set rack to bottom position).
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Generously spray a 15 x 10-inch baking sheet with cooking spray, then drizzle a small amount of butter over the cooking spray (I use the non-stick heavy-duty foil for this).
- Layer the thinly sliced potatoes in the bottom of the baking sheet overlapping slightly.
- Sprinkle with lots salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the potatoes, then evenly sprinkle with green onion.
- Sprinkle generously with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 20-25 minutes, or until the potatoes are just fork tender (watch closely the thinner your slices are the faster they will cook!).
- Lift off using a spatula.