Recipe by HSingARMYmom
Okay, so sometimes being out of something turns out to be a good thing! When I went to make my traditional fried chicken tenders I realized that I was out of bread crumbs and was also out of bread to make bread crumbs. Looking around I discovered a box of parmesan/garlic crackers and crushed them up in place of the crumbs. Absolutely, positively DELICIOUS! The kids now claim this is the only way to make chicken tenders! Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by nmj
I made this with Cheez-Its as well, but the parmesan and cheddar ones. The crackers were incredible by themselves, and I had really high hopes for the chicken, but all flavor was lost after frying. It turned out OK, just not as tasty as I thought it would be.
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper (we like to use white pepper but regular black will work fine too)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup cracker, crushed (I used Parmesan Garlic Cheez-its)
- oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour with garlic powder & pepper in a bowl.
- Crack eggs and beat till throughly combined in a seperate bowl.
- Combine parmesan cheese and crushed crackers in a third bowl.
- Start by coating the chicken pieces in flour, then dip in egg wash and then dip into cracker mix.
- Set coated chicken onto a plate. When finished coating all the chicken, put the plate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to let the coating "set-up".
- In a large fry pan, heat 1/2" of oil to medium high heat (I don't use a thermometer but I'm guessing 350 degrees).
- Pan fry in small batches till golden brown on all sides - depending on size of your tenders, 5-6 minutes per side.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate till all the chicken is done.
- We served it with pasta and spaghetti sauce but i'm guessing it would go with about anything.