Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great weeknight meal served with buttery mashed potatoes and your favorite vegetable dish.
- 3⁄4 cup crushed saltine crackers or 3⁄4 cup corn flakes or 3⁄4 cup potato chips
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut in serving pieces
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix crushed crackers, cheese, salt, paprika, onion powder, and pepper in shallow pan.
- Blend milk and oil in another small shallow pan. Dip chicken in milk mixture then in crumb mixture, pressing to coat all sides.
- Arrange chicken, skin-side up-in shallow baking pan.
- Bake till chicken is tender, about 1 hour Serve hot or at room temperature.