Recipe by Monkey28
I like my breaded chicken with a crisp crust, but a lot of juice on the inside. I added some twists onto your basic parmesan and breadcrumb crusted chicken to suit my tastes and thought I’d share the wonderful results. I'm sure you have all of these ingredients on hand in your pantry already. Seasoning in the breading is subject to taste and can be varied to suit your spice mood ;-)
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, basil, salt and pepper and stir together.
- Place these ingredients on a plate.
- Coat chicken with a thin layer of non-fat yogurt on each side.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, salt and pepper onto each side of chicken breast.
- Dip both sides of coated chicken into breadcrumb mixture and shake off excess.
- Place chicken in a Pam-coated pan and brown on medium-high heat for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Place breast on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes, flipping chicken half-way thru baking to ensure even browning.