Recipe by Lene
This a fantastic main meal salad. When in season, during may, try to use delicious home grown asparagus.
- 6 eggs
- 250 g asparagus
- 25 g butter
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 8 slices parma ham, about 85g
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the eggs in a pan of boiling water for exactly 8 minutes. Sit a steamer or colander over the eggs, put in the asparagus, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes until just tender - alternatively, cook in a pan of water for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the eggs and asparagus and cool under cold water.
- Melt the butter in a small pan than, with a wire whisk, beat in some lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a ridged griddle pan. Cook the slices of parma ham, two at a time in the hot pan for 30 seconds on each side. Set aside on kitchen paper. Cook the asparagus in the hot pan for 2-3 minutes to give light bar marks.
- Shell and halve the eggs and arrange on four plates with the asparagus, topped with the crispy parma ham. Drizzle over the lemon butter dressing. Scatter over some shaved parmesan and top with a good grind of black pepper. A glass or two of chilled white wine is the perfect accompaniment to this dish.