Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a fast and easy recipe to make on a busy night. We especially like the crunch of the Panko bread crumbs. (Panko crumbs can be found in the Asian section of the supermarket.)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten with 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil
- Using a mallet, gently beat the chicken breasts to a uniform thickness. (This prevents the chicken breasts from shrinking and promotes even cooking.).
- Combine the flour, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper in one bowl. Place the egg and water mixture into another. Put the Panko bread crumbs into a third bowl. Dredge chicken with seasoned flour and pass through egg mixture. Shake off excess egg. For an even crispier crust, dredge with flour again and pass through egg mixture one more time.
- Now completely cover chicken breasts with Panko crumbs, pressing crumbs down gently if needed.
- Heat oil in frying pan on medium-high heat. Cook for 4 minutes on each side (or until no longer pink inside) and serve.
I used the bredding and,instead of pan frying,i oven baked'em till the juices ran clear woo hoo. panko makes some real good chicken... thanx!!
This is definitely 5 stars and beyond! Oh boy did we enjoy the simple flavors of this chicken recipe. There is nothing that even a beginning cook could mess up with this. I just ran it through the coatings one time and that was perfect but I could see where an additional run through would use up the extras I had afterward. Served with Recipe #391028 and Recipe #234672. Delicious and will be made again by me for the family! Tagged you in Went to the Market tag game!
This was so good! Even my chicken-hater husband liked it. I double-dipped them for crispier crust.