The cover recipe on Bon Appetit Aug. 2007-It looks so amazing. It comes from Sal Marino of Il Grano in Los Angeles, CA. The Burrata cheese can be found in cheese shops or specialty food shops in the cheese department. It is described as "soft, fresh mozzerella with a delectable creamy center." The tomatoes recommended are Costoluto Genovese or other ripe red heirloom tomaotoes. I can't wait to make this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (3 ounce) packages pancetta, thinly sliced
- 6 slices ripe tomatoes, best quality, 3-4 inch diameter and 3/4 inch-thick
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaf, packed, coarsely torn
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/2 teaspoon other coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 12 slices egg bread or 12 slices brioche bread, lightly toasted, 4 x 4 x 1/2 inch
- 18 ounces burrata cheese
- 4 cups baby arugula, can use mixed microgreens
- 1Working in batches, cook pancetta in heavy large skillet over medium heat until brown and crisp, about 6 minutes per batch.
- 2Transfer to paper towels to drain. DO AHEAD Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
- 3Place tomato slices in shallow baking dish.
- 4Add basil, olive oil, oregano, and salt.
- 5Sprinkle with ground black pepper and turn to coat.
- 6Let stand at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- 7Place 6 toasted bread slices on work surface.
- 8Divide burrata among bread slices and spread to edges.
- 9Top each with 1 tomato slice, then pancetta slices, dividing equally.
- 10Top with arugula.
- 11Cover with remaining 6 toasted bread slices, and press each slightly to adhere.
- 12Cut each sandwich in half and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Pancetta, Burrata, and Tomato Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.1
- Calories from Fat 353
- Total Fat 39.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 95.2 mg
- Sodium 1365.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 24.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: