Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Donna Hay Autumn
- 150 g pancetta, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 500 g Japanese pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 400 g spaghetti
- 70 g baby beet leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180C 355°F.
- Place the pancetta, garlic, pumpkin and chilli in a bowl and toss to coat. Place in a baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Peel the garlic and mash with the back of a spoon until smooth.
- Place garlic, lemon juice, oil, sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water over high heat for 10-12 minutes or until al dente. Drain and return to the saucepan. Add the pumpkin, pancetta, beetroot leaves and dressing and toss well to combine.
My kind of pasta, this is a real find! The main ingredient here is pumpkin. I added some sage in the pumpkin and parmesan on top of pasta. Wow!