Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
These potatoes come out nice and brown and crispy. Even if there is 1/4 cup of oil it's less than deep frying! You don't have to peel the potatoes, in fact, I only scrub them throughly before slicing them
- 1⁄4 cup lite olive oil (Use Virgin if you prefer)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (Use less to suit your taste)
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 3 large russet potatoes, thinly sliced
- fresh rosemary (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 F, Spray a cookie sheet with lite Olive oil or other veggie oil.
- In a large bowl combine oil, salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary.
- Mix well Add potatoes and toss gently to coat the potatoes.
- Arrange a single layer of potatoes overlapping slightly in a circle in the center of the cookie sheet apprx.
- a 9" circle.
- Continue layering with the remaining potatoes, fanning them slightly and forming concentric circles (keep the same center but diminish the size of each circle).
- Bake until potatoes are lightly browned and tender (about 45 minutes).
- Use a flat spatula to remove potatoes from cookie sheet and slide onto a serving platter.
- Fan potatoes slightly.
- Garnish with Fresh Rosemary sprigs.
Oh, Bergy, these were wonderful! Especially the ones on the outer edge, which got super crunchy! Will have these again, for sure. Thnx for posting.
I made these tonight with a few changes...no rosemary,I added parm cheese and an onion.They turned out really good.Thanks for the great recipe!
Easy and tasty! The potatoes came out crispy with the delicious flavors of rosemary, olive oil and garlic. I cut down the amount of garlic to 2 cloves (that was enough for me) and followed the recipe step by step. I sprinkle the potatoes before serving with a little amount of sea salt which gave the final touch to this lovely recipe. The several layers of potatoes in the middle were moist inside and the single layer out side was crispy. And in between the layers the delicious flavors couldn't escape. I will keep this recipe in my 'frequently cooking' cookbook. Thanks for sharing.