Prep 19 mins
Cook 30 mins
Taken from Brand Name Fat-Fighter's Cookbook
- 1 1⁄2 lbs baking potatoes, unpeeled, about 3 large
- 3 tablespoons egg substitute, such as Scramblers
- Pam cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated, such as Kraft Free nonfat
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme (optional) or 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary (optional)
- Combine the last three ingredients in a small dish. Stir to mix well, set aside.
- Scrub the potatoes, dry well, cut into 3/8 inch thick strips. Place potatoes in a large bowl, drizzle the egg substitute over the potatoes, toss to coat well.
- Sprinkle the prepared coating mixture over the potatoes, toss again to coat.
- Coat a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray, and arrange potatoes in a single layer on the sheet, making sure that the strips are not touching one another.
- Spray the tops lightly with the cooking spray, and bake at 400 F for 15 minutes. Turn the potatoes with a spatula, and bake for 10 to 15 additional minutes, or until nicely browned and tender. Serve hot.