Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Boneless chicken breasts or turkey cutlets may also be used with this recipe.
Make and share this Crispy Oven Fried Mexican Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- In large shallow pan (not aluminum) combine veggie juice and hot sauce.
- Add chicken and and refrigerate 3 hours to marinate, turning the chicken frequently.
- Drain chicken, discard marinade and preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large plastic bag, combine corn flake crumbs and all the spices.
- Place chicken in bag and shake.
- Sprinkle any remaining crumbs over chicken.
- Bake until chicken is tender and crisp [chicken parts about 1 hour (whole) and chicken breasts about 35 minutes (boneless)].
I cam across this and bf and I thought it sounded good. I did have to substitute for the V8 because I had none on hand. Changes - for the tomato juice, used 6oz can of tomato paste diluted with 2 cans of water (12oz) which also let me scrape out the remaining paste sticking to the can, then poured approx. half of the liquid into another container to store for later. The remainder of the liquid I added another half a can of water to. I probably ended up with a yield of almost 2 cups of liquid, but I didn't actually measure it. Used the 1 T of Tabasco, as directed. I used 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts and marinated for about 4 hrs. Didn't turn the chicken as it was submerged in the marinade. I used cornflake cereal I crushed, and used 1/2 tsp of salt, pepper, chili powder, paprika, cumin, and oregano, and the 1 tsp garlic powder as directed. I covered a baking sheet with foil, laid over that a baking rack and sprayed with cooking spray. I cooked the breasts for just about 45 mins. They were crunchy and juicy. The flavor wasn't bad. Unfortunately neither me nor my bf were that impressed, but it was a nice recipe to try. Thanks Mercy! :)