Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
This recipe is a tried-and-true Betty Crocker recipe. I have made it numerous times. My husband isn't a big fan of fish, but he really enjoys this!
- 1 lb cod or 1 lb orange roughy
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Thaw fish if frozen.
- Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- Fish should be cut into 4 pieces.
- Place milk in a shallow dish.
- Place flour in another shallow dish.
- In a 3rd dish combine bread crumbs, cheese, dill & pepper & toss with butter.
- Dip each piece of fish in the milk, then flour, then milk again, then bread crumb mixture.
- Place fish on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake uncovered at 450°F for 6-9 minutes, until fish flakes with fork.
Made this using tilapia and I didn't dip it in milk before the flour. I seasoned the fish, put in flour (shook of excess), then dipped the fish in the milk and then the breadcrumb mixture. Delicious! Thank you for a great recipe. Made for Fall Pick a Chef 2011.