Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
Serve this with crispy oven roasted fries for a quick take on fish and chips. Yumm! (much healthier than the deep fried version as well)
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 (6 ounce) center cut cod fish fillets
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 500*F.
- Combine bread crumbs, cornmeal, salt and cayenne in a large sealable plastic bag and shake to mix.
- Season fish with salt and pepper on both sides and working with 1 piece at a time, put fish in bag and shake to coat well with crumbs.
- Dip fish in eggs, then shake in crumbs again to coat.
- Transfer to a plate Heat 3 TBs oil in a 23 inch heavy oven proof skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Fry fish until undersides are golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Turn over, add remaining 3 TBS oil, an cook one minute more.
- Put skillet in upper third of oven and bake until fish is just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Delicious and simple. The pan frying to start prevented the fish from becoming mushy on the bottom. Thanks.
Loved this recipe.. the flavors blended beautifully. Easy, fast and so so good!
Great simple recipe. High protein and low in fat. Thx 4 the share!