1/1 Photo of Crispy Oven Fried Cod
Serve this with crispy oven roasted fries for a quick take on fish and chips. Yumm! (much healthier than the deep fried version as well)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 500*F.
- 2Combine bread crumbs, cornmeal, salt and cayenne in a large sealable plastic bag and shake to mix.
- 3Season fish with salt and pepper on both sides and working with 1 piece at a time, put fish in bag and shake to coat well with crumbs.
- 4Dip fish in eggs, then shake in crumbs again to coat.
- 5Transfer to a plate Heat 3 TBs oil in a 23 inch heavy oven proof skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking.
- 6Fry fish until undersides are golden brown, about 1 minute.
- 7Turn over, add remaining 3 TBS oil, an cook one minute more.
- 8Put skillet in upper third of oven and bake until fish is just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Oven Fried Cod
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.8
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 166.7 mg
- Sodium 756.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 36.2 g