- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 (6 ounce) center cut cod fish fillets
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 500*F.
- Combine bread crumbs, cornmeal, salt and cayenne in a large sealable plastic bag and shake to mix.
- Season fish with salt and pepper on both sides and working with 1 piece at a time, put fish in bag and shake to coat well with crumbs.
- Dip fish in eggs, then shake in crumbs again to coat.
- Transfer to a plate Heat 3 TBs oil in a 23 inch heavy oven proof skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Fry fish until undersides are golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Turn over, add remaining 3 TBS oil, an cook one minute more.
- Put skillet in upper third of oven and bake until fish is just cooked through, about 5 minutes.