I got this recipe from Weight Watchers magazine. It is one of Jennifer Hudson's, WW spokesperson, favorite recipes. After trying it, I can see why. The cornflake crumbs really give it that wonderful crunch. I made mine without the gravy and it was still delicious! I also used all chicken breasts. So good, you won't believe it is good for you. Points Plus Value is 8.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, plus 2 T
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 1/3 cups cornflake cereal, crushed
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned (I used boneless)
- 2 chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 2 chicken thighs, skinned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I used 1/4 t)
- 1/4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees; line large shallow baking pan with foil; place a wire rack in pan; spray rack with nonstick spray.
- 2Place 1/2 cup flour in shallow dish.
- 3Place egg whites in second dish and cornflake crumbs in a third.
- 4Put chicken in large bowl; sprinkle with salt and cayenne.
- 5Add buttermilk and turn to coat.
- 6Dip chicken, one piece at a time into flour, then egg whites, then into cornflake crumbs, pressing to adhere.
- 7Place chicken on rack.
- 8Spray top of the chicken lightly with nonstick spray.
- 9Bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 45 minutes.
- 10Meanwhile, to make gravy, melt butter in small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 11Whisk in remaining 2 T flour; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute.
- 12Gradually whisk in chicken broth.
- 13Cook, whisking constantaly, until gravy comes to a boil and thickens, about 2 minutes.
- 14Stir in sage and black pepper.
- 15Divide chicken among 4 plates and serve with gravy.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Oven-Fried Chicken With Sage Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.2
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 99.8 mg
- Sodium 450.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 27.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: