Recipe by Lainey6605
I got this recipe from Weight Watchers magazine. It is one of Jennifer Hudson's, WW spokesperson, favorite recipes. After trying it, I can see why. The cornflake crumbs really give it that wonderful crunch. I made mine without the gravy and it was still delicious! I also used all chicken breasts. So good, you won't believe it is good for you. Points Plus Value is 8.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
This was just excellent. I added a little garlic powder to the chicken before dipping for a little extra flavor. I used chicken breast as that is what I had and used Smart Balance for the butter. I also left off the gravy for dietary reasons. Produced a very crisp and juicy chicken that we really enjoyed. Thanks Made for PRMR
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour, plus 2 T
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄3 cups cornflake cereal, crushed
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned (I used boneless)
- 2 chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 2 chicken thighs, skinned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I used 1/4 t)
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees; line large shallow baking pan with foil; place a wire rack in pan; spray rack with nonstick spray.
- Place 1/2 cup flour in shallow dish.
- Place egg whites in second dish and cornflake crumbs in a third.
- Put chicken in large bowl; sprinkle with salt and cayenne.
- Add buttermilk and turn to coat.
- Dip chicken, one piece at a time into flour, then egg whites, then into cornflake crumbs, pressing to adhere.
- Place chicken on rack.
- Spray top of the chicken lightly with nonstick spray.
- Bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make gravy, melt butter in small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in remaining 2 T flour; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in chicken broth.
- Cook, whisking constantaly, until gravy comes to a boil and thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in sage and black pepper.
- Divide chicken among 4 plates and serve with gravy.