1/4 Photos of Crispy Oven Fried Chicken With Gravy
1 hr 10 mins
Wonderfully browned oven baked chicken that tastes as good as fried. Serve with garlic mashed potatoes and delicious chicken gravy for a real comfort food dinner your family will love.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cut up whole chicken (8 pieces)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1Place the chicken in salted water for 15-20 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 425°.
- 3Place vegetable oil and margarine in shallow baking pan and set in oven to heat and melt.
- 4Combine flour and seasonings in a plastic bag.
- 5Shake pieces of chicken in flour mixture.
- 6Remove hot pan from oven and arrange chicken pieces on it, skin side down being sure not to crowd.
- 7Place pan in oven and bake 30 minutes.
- 8Turn chicken so that the skin side is up and continue to bake 20 to 30 minutes more until nicely browned and juices run clear.
- 9Remove to a platter and keep warm allowing to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- 10For gravy, scrape baking pan and place 3 tablespoons of the accumulated cooking fat and browned bits into a saucepan.
- 11Stir in 3 tablespoons of flour and cook 1-2 minutes until well combined.
- 12Stir in 2 cups chicken broth and continue cooking and whisking until gravy boils and thickens.
- 13Cook for about 2 minutes.
- 14Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Oven Fried Chicken With Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (523 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2202.2
- Calories from Fat 1425
- Total Fat 158.4 g
- Saturated Fat 48.9 g
- Cholesterol 548.6 mg
- Sodium 1987.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 127.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: