Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I found this on www.everydayhealth.com this morning, and wanted to save. it looks yummy.
Make and share this Crispy Oven-Fried Chicken Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup cereal, Cornflakes, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper, black
- 2 teaspoons pepper, red, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 4 chicken, drumsticks, skinless
- 4 chicken, breast, skinless
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 teaspoon oil, vegetable
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Add half teaspoon of poultry seasoning to milk.
- 3. Combine all other spices with cornflake crumbs and place in plastic bag.
- 4. Wash chicken and pat dry. Dip chicken into milk, shake to remove excess, then quickly shake in bag with seasoning and crumbs.
- 5. Refrigerate for one hour.
- 6. Remove from refrigerator and sprinkle lightly with paprika for color.
- 7. Evenly space chicken on greased baking pan.
- 8. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for an added 30 to 40 minutes or until meat can be easily pulled away from bone with fork. Drumsticks may require less baking time than breasts. (Do not turn chicken during baking.) Crumbs will form crispy "skin.".
I followed the precise instructions and even reduced the red pepper flakes significantly and the seasoning was so hot we had to take the coating off. Not good.