1 hr 20 mins
Flavorful oven-fried chicken! Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs chicken pieces (your choice, we prefer breasts or pick-of-the-chix)
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- kosher salt
- 1 cup self-rising flour, mixed with
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne (more or less)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (more or less)
- 1Preheat oven to 425.
- 2Pour 1/3 cup olive oil on 10x15 baking sheet that has been covered with tin foil.
- 3Spread evenly.
- 4Set aside.
- 5In a large mixing bowl, combine the 1/2 cup olive oil and lemon juice, mixing well.
- 6Sprinkle the chicken pieces with kosher salt, then add to the olive oil/lemon juice mixture, coating well and allowing to to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- 7Drain each chicken piece a bit before rolling in the prepared flour mixture.
- 8Coat well, placing skin side (or meaty side, as I always skin my chicken) down on the oiled baking sheet.
- 9Allow space between chicken pieces for crispness.
- 10Place in hot oven and immediately reduce oven temperature to 400.
- 11Bake for 30 minutes, then turn chicken pieces over.
- 12Reduce oven temperature again to 350 and bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until done.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Oven-Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 961.1
- Calories from Fat 689
- Total Fat 76.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 155.2 mg
- Sodium 543.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 41.8 g