Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Flavorful oven-fried chicken! Yum!
Make and share this Crispy Oven-Fried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs chicken pieces (your choice, we prefer breasts or pick-of-the-chix)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, plus
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- kosher salt
- 1 cup self-rising flour, mixed with
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne (more or less)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (more or less)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Pour 1/3 cup olive oil on 10x15 baking sheet that has been covered with tin foil.
- Spread evenly.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the 1/2 cup olive oil and lemon juice, mixing well.
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces with kosher salt, then add to the olive oil/lemon juice mixture, coating well and allowing to to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Drain each chicken piece a bit before rolling in the prepared flour mixture.
- Coat well, placing skin side (or meaty side, as I always skin my chicken) down on the oiled baking sheet.
- Allow space between chicken pieces for crispness.
- Place in hot oven and immediately reduce oven temperature to 400.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then turn chicken pieces over.
- Reduce oven temperature again to 350 and bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until done.