Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
Flavorful oven-fried chicken! Yum!
- 3 lbs chicken pieces (your choice, we prefer breasts or pick-of-the-chix)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, plus
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- kosher salt
- 1 cup self-rising flour, mixed with
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne (more or less)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (more or less)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Pour 1/3 cup olive oil on 10x15 baking sheet that has been covered with tin foil.
- Spread evenly.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the 1/2 cup olive oil and lemon juice, mixing well.
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces with kosher salt, then add to the olive oil/lemon juice mixture, coating well and allowing to to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Drain each chicken piece a bit before rolling in the prepared flour mixture.
- Coat well, placing skin side (or meaty side, as I always skin my chicken) down on the oiled baking sheet.
- Allow space between chicken pieces for crispness.
- Place in hot oven and immediately reduce oven temperature to 400.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then turn chicken pieces over.
- Reduce oven temperature again to 350 and bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until done.
Very easy to make and the taste is great too. We used chicken thighs and they ended up very moist and were pretty crispy. Lining the baking dish with foil solved the whole clean up issue. Oh, used sea salt instead of kosher, but that probably didn't make a difference.