Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This oven-fried chicken is the best I've ever had and it only has four ingredients! Crunchy, extremely juicy and amazingly flavorful.
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs (japanese-style breadcrumbs)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 whole chicken (broken down into 10 pieces, halving the breasts)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Season Panko breadcrumbs generously with salt and pepper (around 2 teaspoons each).
- Add paprika to seasoned crumbs.
- Pat chicken dry and brush generously with butter.
- Press chicken into breadcrumbs and thoroughly coat on all sides.
- Place chicken skin-side-up on a shallow baking pan (I use a baking sheet).
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until nicely browned and cooked through (at 30 minutes, poke thickest piece of meat with a fork if juices run clear and not pink it's done. If not, check in 10 minute intervals until cooked).
- Let sit 5-10 minutes before serving so juices can set.