Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Sounds delish and a healthier version at that. You can't go wrong with mayo, dijon mustard, ritz crackers and parmesan cheese. This recipe is from the "Joy of Eating" cookbook.
- 2 whole chickens, cut into serving pieces and sprinkled with pepper, garlic powder and dusted with flour (about 3#)
- 59.14 ml dijon-style mustard
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 118.29 ml Ritz cracker, finely crushed (more as needed)
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 29.58 ml oil
- Combine mustard and mayonnaise, mix thoroughly. Coat chicken with mustard mixture. Combine cracker crumbs and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle cracker crumbs lightly over the chicken. Place chicken in one layer in a 12x16 inch baking pan. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 30 minutes. Drizzle oil over the chicken and continue baking for 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
Delicious!! Loved the buttery flavor of the Ritz. I reduced the recipe to 2 chicken breasts with no problem. I only cooked the boneless breasts for 20 minutes. Will be using this one again. Made for Zaar's Newest Hits Tag Game 2011.
We had mixed reviews of this recipe. It gets 5 stars for the great flavor of the Ritz crackers and the mayo-Dijon combination. I used 4 chicken thighs and doubled the breading. The flour dusting kept the Ritz/parmesan from sticking to the chicken so after the first 2 chicken thighs I left that out for the remainder of the thighs and we liked that much better. I cooked it for about 30 minutes and it turned out perfect. I'll make this one again, just leaving out the flour dusting. Thanks Nancy. Made for PRMR