Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Heart healthy recipes
Make and share this Crispy Oven-Fried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk or 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup corn flakes, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried hot peppers, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 8 pieces skinless chicken (4 breasts, 4 drumsticks)
- 3 dashes paprika
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil (use to grease baking pan)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning to milk.
- Combine all other spices with cornflake crumbs and place in a plastic bag.
- Wash chicken and pat dry. Dip chicken into milk, shake to remove excess, then quickly shake in bag with seasoning and crumbs.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and sprinkle lightly with paprika for color.
- Evenly space chicken on greased baking pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 30 to 40 minutes or until the meat can be easily pulled away from the bone with a fork.
- The drumsticks may require less baking time than the breasts.
- Crumbs will form a crispy “skin.”.
- (Do not turn chicken during baking).