2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Chef #214039's Note:
Heart healthy recipes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup skim milk or 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup corn flakes, crumbled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried hot peppers, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 8 pieces skinless chicken (4 breasts, 4 drumsticks)
- 3 dashes paprika
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil (use to grease baking pan)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Add 1/2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning to milk.
- 3Combine all other spices with cornflake crumbs and place in a plastic bag.
- 4Wash chicken and pat dry. Dip chicken into milk, shake to remove excess, then quickly shake in bag with seasoning and crumbs.
- 5Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 6Remove from refrigerator and sprinkle lightly with paprika for color.
- 7Evenly space chicken on greased baking pan.
- 8Cover with aluminum foil and bake 40 minutes.
- 9Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 30 to 40 minutes or until the meat can be easily pulled away from the bone with a fork.
- 10The drumsticks may require less baking time than the breasts.
- 11Crumbs will form a crispy “skin.”.
- 12(Do not turn chicken during baking).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Oven-Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 49.4
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 48.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: