Recipe by Mims & Squims
Healthy & quick! I think the flavor is even better than Shake-N-Bake, and it's so easy. I use organic spices and cornflakes to avoid needless preservatives, but even if you use conventional ingredients, you'll be keeping questionable additives off your plate!
Top Review by Irishkathleen
This coating is so delicious and it's so easy. I usually fry my chicken on top of the stove and make an awful mess. Don't need to now because of this tasty recipe. Thank you for sharing!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 2 teaspoons whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon powdered beets (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Crush cornflakes into course powder.
- Combine all ingredients in sm bowl and stir to combine.
- Place crumb mixture in ziplock bag.
- Lightly coat chicken in olive oil.
- Place oiled chicken in bag and shake to cover with crumb mixture.
- Bake in foil lined baking dish 20 minutes. If using bone-in chicken, bake 40-45 minutes.