Recipe by His White Angel
This is a no-fry version of the all-time favourite Fried Chicken. It tastes amazing! Try brushing the chicken pieces with mayo before rolling them on the cereal. Serve with fries or some wild rice.
- 12 skinless chicken pieces, about 3 1/2 pounds skinned, all visible fat removed
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups wheat flakes cereal, lightly crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Combine oil, salt, ginger, garlic, and paprika in a small bowl. Place cereal in a pie plate or on a piece of foil.
- Brush each piece of chicken on both sides with oil mixture, then dip in cereal crumbs, pressing lightly to get an even coating on all sides.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 45 to 60 minutes, or until chicken is golden brown and tender.
- (Timing will vary according to the thickness of the chicken pieces).